Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Discovery of the Day: Wendy's Snack Wrap Meal


Having been a college student for 7 1/2 out of the last 15 years of my life (hey, I went back to get my Master's...cut me some slack!), I know a thing or two about fast food. The beauty of the Big Mac special sauce, the ideal amount of vinegar to slather on the Hamburger Station fries, the perfect cheese to nacho ratio. Now that I'm a full fledged working adult I am trying to grow up a bit. Which somehow translates to bringing peanut butter & jelly sandwiches to work everyday. Hmm...the adult becomes the child? I digress.

Anyhoo, having overslept the other day leaving myself no time to pack lunch I found myself wandering into fast food world again. I decided on Wendy's because it was in the opposite direction of the most dreaded mall (ugh!). I was getting ready to order my usual Single Special when what do I see? A Wendy's Chicken Snack Wrap Value Meal in not one but three varieties. Consisting of tasty tortilla wrapped chicken, small fry, and small drink. For $2.99. SOLD!! I have to say, it was the perfect size for my lunchtime food needs. And quite tasty. Though probably not nearly as healthy as I'd like to think seeing as it was drenched in Ranch dressing. But beggars can't be chosers.

Thank you Wendy's for bringing me my enjoyment for the day. Though I have to ask...when did a medium drink turn into the size of a two gallon trough bucket. Does ANYONE need to drink that much Cherry Coke?

P.S. As I was considering whether to stay or go after my delicious chicken wrap experience what song do you think comes over the piped in music speaker? "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt. I'm not even lying. I took it as a sign and left. So it's war is it? BRING IT!!

No comments: