Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Really?" of the Day: James Blunt on Sesame Street

So I happend to mention in a previous posting my affectionate nickname for James Blunt(Moody Smurf). I first heard him on Virgin Radio UK. Those crazy kids over the sea were going insane over him. After hearing about a million people calling him "brilliant" and "better than the Beatles" I figured perhaps England was housing a genetic auditory malfunction that makes crap music sound really good. It gave me some sense of superiority as I shook my head knowing that Americans would never fall for James Blunt. No sir. Keep your scrawny high pitched whiners to yourself UK.

Then one day I turned on my car radio and there he was. Worse yet he was dating a supermodel so he was on all my crap entertainment shows as well. And people loved him. NOOO!!! And NOW he's showing up on Sesame Street? Singing a depressing song about missing a triangle? REALLY???

James Blunt please consider joining a hermitage as soon as possible. Preferably one that requires a vow of silence. Really.

No comments: