Saturday, October 18, 2008

Discovery of the Day: I Still Love Palin

There is one thing that I love about the attention being paid to Sarah Palin these days. No, it isn't her amazing views on politics and science (ahem...we'll skip that). It is the attention it has brought to another Palin...Michel Palin. I have seen more than a few "Michael Palin for President" parodies on the geekier side of the internet.

I have a confession. Michael Palin was one of my very first celebrity crushes. My brother was an enormous Monty Python fan and forced me to watch countless episodes of the show before I could even begin to appreciate English humor. Somewhere between watching "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" and "The Life of Brian" I began developing a giggly preteen girl crush on Michael Palin. There was something very cute, funny, and cuddly about him and I decided that he should be my boyfriend. Several years later, my crush was firmly cemented when Michael began the first of his travel documetaries with Around the World in 80 Days. As he circles the globe front to back and Pole to Pole, Palin has a childish curiousity, a great intelligence, and (dog gone it) he just seems so NICE. Many years have passed but Michael Palin still remains high on my scale of crushworthy-ness. Sarah Palin may be popular for now but there is only room for one Palin in my heart!

No comments: