Thursday, October 9, 2008

Discovery of the Day: Reese's Double Stuffed Peanut Butter Pumpkins


Let me repeat that. REESE'S DOUBLE STUFFED PEANUT BUTTER PUMPKINS!!!

God must have seen that I have been freaking out too much about the economy this week and has bestowed a delicious reward on me in the form of peanut butter and chocolate. On my lunch break today I was wandering the aisles of Walgreens stocking up on tissues for all my snotty nosed students (and one snotty nosed librarian...guilty!) when what do my eyes fall upon. Past the plastic halloween costumes. Past the economy size bags of tootsie rolls. Past the smoke machines and cheesy strobe lights. Could it be? REESE'S DOUBLE STUFFED PEANUT BUTTER PUMPKINS!

Reese's cups and I have a special connection. It is the only thing I ask for on Easter and Halloween. And I think I may be the only woman alive whose blind date showed up with a homemade Reese's cup in his hand in lieu of flowers (okay..that was a little weird. But the thought was nice.) I managed to stifle my eeks of joy as I grabbed one in my hands and hotfooted it to the register. At least I waited until I was parked back at school to open the sweet goodness. And then I think I blacked out because it somehow disappeared in the space of 5 seconds. I'm a bad girl. My treadmill tells me I have a price to pay. But some things are just worth being bad for. And Reese's are high on the list.

Long live Reese's Cups. It is a good day!

No comments: