Sunday, September 21, 2008

Discovery of the Day: Maximo Park

Stumbled upon an English band called Maximo Park today. It's a fun punkish band with nice accents. I do love the English accents!

Though I am not a "girl who plays guitar" I am a girl who secretly wants to be a rock star. Today we celebrated my sister-in-law's birthday and I was very excited when my brother unveiled his new toy. It's an electronic drum kit. Woohoo!! His wife finally let him get one under the condition he always wears the headset and keeps it in the basement. Of all the instruments I have ever wanted to conquer, the drums is my #1 pick. The drummer may not get the glory of the lead singer status but they get to be the fuel that keeps the song going. And what is more rock and roll then a kickass drum solo. I can see it now! Flinging those sticks into the sky! My mission is set. Must find a way to steal my brothers drum kit. Mwahahahahaha. (You won't tell will you?)

No comments: